Wednesday 1 January 2014

Stock Checking - 2 Jan

Here’s where we stand two days before we start the count down for 42 @ 42 in 42
  • Weight – 71.99 (a lot for 165 cms. Total gain in 4 months – 6 kilos)
  • BMI – lets not talk about that!!!
  • Diet includes – frequent chocolate breaks, inadequate fruits and salads. I am not one of those who can go on a diet and I often eat as many as 6 meals a day but tremendous scope to replace the food I am currently eating with what I SHOULD be eating! Reasonable proteins intake (I love my meats).
  • Supplements – none including protein mix and energy drinks
  • Sleep – average of 8 hours a day and more when I am lucky!
  • Last run – 02 Jan 2014 - 3.5 kms in 39 minute (yea not just a run but still)… 
  • Last HM – June 21 2013 – a bit over 3 hours
  • Personal best HM – 2 hours and 22 mins in 2012 April
  • Injuries – Right leg Hamstring, calf and something that feels like the onset of Achilles. Was diagnosed with hip bursitis towards end 2012 / early 2013.. physio really helped.. Three herniated discs that don’t bother me since I took up running.  
  • Training schedule – random – once or twice of running every week. Cycling 11kms commute to work and back 5 times a week. Swimming - during the summers (what's that?)



This is how I looked at my school reunion on 28 Dec 2013

And at the New Year Party on 31 Dec 2013

The plan so far, as discussed with Brijesh this morning, is to break the 42 weeks into 20 weeks focussed on weight loss and strength building with a few long runs, gym work outs and of course reducing chocolates.. Then spend the next 24 weeks on building the 42 km race plan!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment